Inscrit le: 04 Sep 2017
|Posté le: Ven 22 Sep - 15:57 (2017) Sujet du message: Would you mind if a game had an Agender protagonist?
So I'm in a game dev. team and a while ago we were deciding on what gender should be our leading character be. An idea to make this character Agender (EDIT: does not know what the right expression is) and this sparkled a very "passionate" debate. The team was pretty much devided in half. Some thought it would be a good idea and seriously opposed it.
The arguments FOR having an Agender protagonist (as presented by the team):
- it would make the character more mysterious
- it would set us apart from other games
- it would be very inovative
- it is something that catches attention
- it would appeal to a specter of gamers
Now for the arguments AGAINST such an idea (those arguments are totally biased and written from my side of the view):
I did not find the right solution from the Internet.
Small Business Video